DCP007-NIR Industrial Photometer
The Kemtrak DCP007-NIR is an advanced dual wavelength NIR photometer designed to accurately measure the concentration of process liquids and gasses with near-infrared (NIR) absorbance between 850 and 2000 nm.
Examples of NIR measurements include moisture (water & trace water), ethanol, methanol, sodium hydroxide, ammonia and continuous fuel identification.
The Kemtrak DCP007-NIR uses a long life high performance NIR LED light source with robust industrial grade fiber optics to deliver a drift and noise-free measurement with very high precision. Automatic compensation for sample turbidity and/or fouling of the optical windows ensures trouble free operation.
- Real time in-line measurement
- 850 – 2000 nm dual-wavelength detection
- Drift and noise-free measurement
- Up to 5 AU (1 cm OPL), deeper absorbance measurements with shorter pathlengths
- Temperature compensation
- Zero maintenance measurement cells & fiber optics – no electricity or heat near the sample
- Long life NIR LED light source that is easy to change
- Analogue output (0/4-20 mA)
- Modbus (slave) over TCP/IP & Profibus (optional)
- Local & web based graphical user interface (TCP/IP)
- ATEX Exd IIB + H2 T6 IP66 Category II 2 G (optional)
Contact a Kemtrak sales representative for more information.
\½” / DN10 TriClamp measurement cell with 1.5mm optical path length
Maintenance free measurement cells with sapphire windows have no electronics or moving parts making the unit suitable for hazardous area use.
How it works
The Kemtrak DCP007 color & concentration analyzer consists of three components:
- Control Unit. The control unit contains all electronics including light source and detectors.
- Measurement Cell. Robust in-line (flow through) industrial process connection.
- Fibre Optics. Industrial grade fibre optic assembly connects the control unit to the flow-cell.
The configuration shown here is a 316L stainless steel DIN DN50 flange measurement cell with stainless steel fully interlocked fibre optic assembly. Both measurement cell and fibres can withstand 250°C (482°F)
The Kemtrak DCP007-NIR photometer measures at two wavelengths. A primary “absorbing” wavelength is used to measure the concentration of the chemical being monitored while a “non absorbing” reference wavelength is used to compensate for turbidity, air bubbles and/or fouling.
The Kemtrak DCP007-NIR photometer uses precision fiber optics to shine a precisely focused monochromatic light through the process medium and back to a photo-detector.
The attenuation of the transmitted light beam caused by NIR absorbing substances in the process medium is mathematically described by the Beer-Lambert law.
Applying the Beer-Lambert law (below), the concentration of the sample can be calculated.
A = ε l c
A = absorbance (= – log transmittance)
ε = molar absorptivity coefficient
l = optical path length
c = concentration of absorbing species
The Kemtrak DCP007 photometer is ideally suited for industrial environments where simplicity, stability and low maintenance is vital.